Followers

About Me

My photo
A garden enthusiast who loves to travel and capture the beauty of places and freeze the memories of her travels in photographs, as well as document her experiences in verse...thankful for the simple pleasures in life.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mosaic Monday - A rose by any colour...

'Oh my love is like a  red, red rose' have you ever tried spinning this yarn for a lovely lass, gentlemen?
Here's the full original version as written by Robert Burns back in the 18th century, if you have a need for it to accompany that bunch of red roses you have bought for your lady.

She might not be able to appreciate such old fashioned sentiments so be sure the roses you are giving her says it all. Choose the reddest of red roses you can find!



A Red Red Rose


          O, my luve's like a red, red rose, 
          That's newly sprung in June. 
     O, my luve's like the melodie, 
          That's sweetly play'd in tune. 



 As fair art thou, my bonie lass, 
So deep in luve am I, 
     And I will luve thee still, my Dear, 
Till a' the seas gang dry. 



       Till a' the seas gang dry, my Dear, 

          And the rocks melt wi' the sun! 
  O I will luve thee still, my Dear, 
           While the sands o' life shall run. 



       And fare thee weel, my only Luve, 

    And fare thee weel a while! 
   And I will come again, my Luve, 
            Tho' it were ten thousand mile!

                                      Robert Burns


No, no not blue ones like those above. Not those pink ones either...the colour's not red enough!



The right colour but not showy enough...


Hey, wait...this one is lovely! Or that one even! Tell you what gents, if you see roses like these two yellow ones, grab them, for your girlfriend will surely love them!!!

Oh my love is like a yellow, yellow rose...

Sounds alright to me.

For more Mosaic Monday, click on the link below:

  

7 comments:

  1. I too like the yellow roses. The blue rose just seems wrong. Pretty photos, Rosie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow flowers are always my favourite colour. Yellow would be my first choice in picking out a new flower plant, next would be orange, then maybe red... yellow are like happy sunshine!
    Love yellow roses, they are simply stunning..your picture above definitely proves that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ gwgt - That blue rose was on the side-walk flower stalls at Las Ramblas in Barcelona.Strange colour.

    @ kitchen flavours - I'm happy you like those yellow ones too...fund them in Barcelona-all perfect specimens. How do they do it? The gardeners of Barcelona must know something we don't.
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would pick white and yellow roses, my favourites Rosie! Red roses are so common, not exciting enough for me. That blue ones were dyed or was that their natural colour? Lovely mosaics of lovely roses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dream rose is the lavender purple one I saw at Strawberry Farm, Genting Highlands. I have never received a rose of this colour yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ p3 - You are absolutely right, red has become so common these days.

    @ AB - Drop a BIG hint and paste a foto of it on hubby's wardrobe door! You might just get one for Valentine's 2012.

    @ EG - There are so many colours I have yet to photograph for my collection.
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line!
It is always a pleasure to read your comments. I shall certainly try my best to jet over to your blog and catch up with you there.