Followers

About Me

My photo
A garden enthusiast who loves to travel and capture the beauty of places and freeze the memories of her travels in photographs, as well as document her experiences in verse...thankful for the simple pleasures in life.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Another Kind of Apple




Here's another kind of 'apple' which I have in my backyard, which is technically not an apple! Those people who name the plants just love to confuse us.  
This pineapple plant had produced the perfect pineapple two years ago. We harvested that large, heavy fruit and had a feast. I was planning to pull out the plant but noticed two small suckers growing from the sides of the parent plant, so I decided to leave the whole plant intact. After two whole years, now I have two more perfect pineapples to admire...and then to enjoy, of course. Who's complaining? Not me.


Linking to Haiku Heights for the prompt "Innocence"


Innocence is not all 
it appears to be
pure and  pristine but prickly 






















      

12 comments:

  1. Ouch! Looks can be deceiving. :) I really like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful details of the pineapple. Happy Macro Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun photos, Rosie. I like the distorted image too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juicy pineapple from garden! They look so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pineapples! I've have to wait for at least 18 months more to harvest mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a yummy haiku...yes innocence can be prickly. I like your focus on pineapples. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Where did you learn how to write Haiku?

    ReplyDelete
  8. All this exotic fruit you have in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is like double happiness seeing your double pineapples. Love your Haiku. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would like to have a pineapple plant here, if not for the cold season...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rosie your garden is absolutely beautiful.
    I can tell there is a lot of tender care given to it.
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  12. If your pineapple took 2 years to fruit. I wonder how long we have to wait for the our ones grown in mediteranean climate.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line!
It is always a pleasure to read your comments. I shall certainly try my best to jet over to your blog and catch up with you there.