Followers

About Me

My photo
A garden enthusiast who loves to travel and capture the beauty of places and freeze the memories of her travels in photographs, as well as document her experiences in verse...thankful for the simple pleasures in life.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Nutty Over Palm Nuts

These are the biggest palm nuts I've ever seen. They are not coconuts, but a certain kind of palm nut. This palm is very popular as landscape plants in tropical countries. I think it is commonly known as Silver Palm. I've seen them just about everywhere, in parks and botanic gardens, but had never seen the nuts before.


Here's the palm tree, I'm sure many of you know it.

 

                                                          








Linking to Macro Monday, Mosaic Monday and SOOC Sunday

6 comments:

  1. I love these palms! I saw them when I was in Florida and really enjoyed their gray color against the mainly greens of the rest of the landscape.
    Thanks for sharing.
    I'm your new follower.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting! I've never seen something like this. Are they edible?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind words about my paintings. You can always try it. There are lots of tutorials on YouTube to start with.

    Forgot to mention that I have a Super Spring Sale going on now for one month only (May)in conjunction with my local art shows this month on all of my Fine Art Prints:
    5x7 matted to 8x10 now $15
    8x10 matted to 11x14 are now $20, 2 for $36
    11x14 matted to 16x20 are now $35, 2 for $65
    …Plus Shipping

    Just contact me to let me know if you are interested and I will honor the discount.

    Have a great day!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool..they look like olives almost...we do not see these beauties anywhere near me in the cold NE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful details in these images. Happy Macro Monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is interesting. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line!
It is always a pleasure to read your comments. I shall certainly try my best to jet over to your blog and catch up with you there.