Followers

About Me

My photo
A garden enthusiast who loves to travel and capture the beauty of places and freeze the memories of her travels in photographs, as well as document her experiences in verse...thankful for the simple pleasures in life.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Christchurch Botanic Gardens

With most of you anticipating autumn, and some eagerly awaiting spring, while the rest of us in eternal summer, let's all go for a garden walk where we get to see the best of springtime pleasures. Let me take you to the Garden City's most established Botanic Garden, the Christchurch Botanic Gardens. You'll love it there.


There'll be less talk and more walk. Are you prepared for this? Bet these three ladies are looking forward to their garden walk...it is spring, the air is crisp and they are all...oops, I did say less talk. Okay. Let's go.




Anticipation

Light of heart we start
sweet anticipation meets
 gratification

(For Sensational Haiku Wednesday)

The sign post points to Annual Bedding and Plant Displays. Sounds good. The anticipation is building up...what do they have in store for us?



Annual beddings...carpets upon carpets of spring blooms...heavenly!





LOST

among these carpets
part the blooms and help me search 
I've lost my heart here

(For Haiku Heights)



Wow, this flower bed is bright and cheery!






And this is so very sweet and demure.










Want to get a closer look?



Shall we stop by for some refreshments? My treat. We could just sit outside and enjoy the view as we sip our coffee and have some pie.



Let's make for the Conservatory...what kind of plants are they  err, conserving?




Ooh, my favourite kind! These hydrangeas are insanely lovely.



These cherubs would look nice in my garden.






We have to leave the conservatory, ladies. There's more to see outside. I know, I know. It is hard to tear ourselves away from these luxuriant blooms.


Aha! I spot a tree-hugger!



Look up, tree-hugger, see the view of the sky through the cherry blossoms.



The rhododendrons and azaleas put up a great display!














Let's leave the gardens with one parting look...the weeping willow by the Avon River...do you really want to bid farewell?



Say Goodbye

It is so hard to say goodbye
my heart tightens
I choke on the words
they remain in my throat

No, I shan't say goodbye
I'll just bid adieu
I'll live on the scent and the memories of you
till we meet again


(For Poets Rally)

Linking to:


18 comments:

  1. What a lovely garden and so many nice spring and summer flowers. Fall is coming here and so I enjoy much more to see your flowers! Thanks for sharing with Weekend Flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is here so this is a particular delight for these eyes. Lovely gardens and great captures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW.

    I thought the yellows were awesome...and then I saw the purples. And then I saw the hydranges which made me happier than happy! OH my gosh they're striking.

    And just for the record, those cherubs would look good in MY garden, too. ;-)

    Wow.....how wonderful you got to make that trip. And thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pics and an equally beautiful haiku offerings.

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you sure you really want to find your heart again? I mean, isn't it perfectly content curled up amid the blooms? :-)

    Lost Things here and here

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a generous collection of beauties Rosie. I enjoyed each moment of this beautiful post so much that I was disappointed when I reached the end.
    Amazing flowers and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, colourful displays; though my heart is partial to the tree blossoms and the willow tree ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very stunning Haiku.
    love the colors in your garden,
    smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful garden. I could easily spend all that in such a wonderful place. All of the blooms you captured are so bright and happy, it's like looking at springtime photos.

    Thanks for sharing Rosie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an absolutely beautiful stroll through this garden of bright springtime colors and blooms. You have captured my heart with this lovely carpet of dreams. I feel relaxed and connected to nature again. Thank you!
    xo,
    Noelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful place to have to stroll around. Those flowers are amazing, such lovely colours to look at this dull sunday morning here in Cornwall. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful photos. Thanks for the word and visual tour.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What magnificent swaths of color -- and each little flower face worth a closer look. Thanks for taking us along on your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pictures and words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. refreshing entry, love your photos and your words are perfectly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This s one of the best ever! Fabulous pictures, and your words always a lovely enhancement!
    http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/09/25/one-she-beckons-me-come-2/

    ReplyDelete
  17. WoW! Those gardens are amazing! Love all the varying colors.
    You must have had a great time.
    Awesome photos!

    Thanks for the journey...really enjoyed it.

    Your Song Of Love

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line!
It is always a pleasure to read your comments. I shall certainly try my best to jet over to your blog and catch up with you there.