Followers

About Me

My photo
A garden enthusiast who loves to travel and capture the beauty of places and freeze the memories of her travels in photographs, as well as document her experiences in verse...thankful for the simple pleasures in life.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

THE TEXTURES ON MY LOVELY LEAVES

I think I have been terribly unfair! I have featured the blooms in my garden, singing praises and giving them close-ups, but I have overlooked the other part of my plants, making them play second-fiddle, cropping them out for the close-ups of the blooms. How could I have been so cruel, so unfeeling of their feelings! Yes, I'm referring to the forlorn , falling leaves of my garden plants. They fall to the ground unheeded, callously swept away. Hence, today, I am going to let the leaves have their day...in the first ever Garden Bloggers Bloomin' Leaves Day (if I may, May Dreams Gardens?) However, this is most appropriate for Pam's Foliage Follow Up.

Here's my tribute to THE TEXTURES ON MY LOVELY LEAVES














I would like to thank May Dreams Gardens of dreaming up this meme for us.
Click on the label at the bottom of the page to see more GBBD photographs.
Also, for more Foliage Follow Up, please click on Pams link at the bottom of this page too.

14 comments:

  1. The leaves look like beautiful art pieces. Pam of Digging blog is hosting Foliage Follow Up Day which is one day after GBBD. Do hop over to her blog on the 16th and join in the fun. Hope you are having fun in Blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Autumn Belle,
    I'm loving it here on blogger.Thanks for the info on Pam's meme. Sounds just the thing for my foliage post to participate.
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn Belle beat me to it! Was going to point you to Foliage Followup ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the leaf textures and color. Beautiful shots. My post is really all about foliage, sadly, no blooms. I should join Pam too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Donna,
    Thanks, I realize we often zero in on flowers but forget that there's great beauty in each leaf. Yes, let's join Pam today!
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome! To my 100th follower!! Thanks Rosie ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pics. Love those gorgeous tropical leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your leaves certainly deserve a chance to be shown off, too, Rosie! The pink and green one is especially lovely--what plant is this?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely leaves, indeed! A fine tribute to the faithful foliage of your garden!! It deserves its 5 minutes of fame :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore looking at flowers for GBBD... but after 45 posts full of blooms (when I don't have any myself) it's a delight to see some foliage instead. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Mac_from Australia, glad you like the photos. Am trying different angles to shoot plants!
    And hello Rose, I have not been doing my homework on the plants I feature lately, sorry. I shall try to identify the pink and green one...give me some time.
    Toni, thanks for visiting my garden haven!
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rosie and welcome to the garden blogging world! Have you joined Blotanical?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful texture, pattern and colour of your garden foliage Rosie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. To Appalachian Feet, thanks for leaving a comment. Actually I can't wait for your next issue of How To Find Great Plants, as my post is to be included. Am eagerly waiting to submit one more for the subsequent issue.
    To Charlotte, yes I am a blotanist, but for the moment my posts do not appear under this new blog that I've moved to. Its complicated.Hope everything will work out soon.
    Thanks Chandan, how are you doing,my dear?
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line!
It is always a pleasure to read your comments. I shall certainly try my best to jet over to your blog and catch up with you there.