Followers

About Me

My photo
A garden enthusiast who loves to travel and capture the beauty of places and freeze the memories of her travels in photographs, as well as document her experiences in verse...thankful for the simple pleasures in life.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Exotic Beauties of the Flowering World

How could anyone not love orchids? I can't resist them. A look at them, and my heart melts. I'm not surprised that the orchid plant is often referred to as the "Queen of the realm of plants". It really looks regal to me, I must say, and the flowers are definitely queenly, demanding our utmost respect. Some orchids are princess-like, needing to be coddled and given the attention that princesses require! 


Orchids are...
graceful



exotic



and delicate.



Orchids symbolize ...


luxury





strength



love



perfection





rare beauty



refinement




wisdom




magnificence



affection





virility





thoughtfulness



charm



and splendour.




From what I have read pertaining to the meaning and symbolism attached to orchids, the person who gives a gift of orchids is expressing not only his love, but also his respect for the girl of his dreams. His choice of orchids also speaks of his admiration and he is paying the recipient the highest form of compliment, I feel, when he buys her orchids. Orchids are also universally recognized as the perfect conveyor of the message of love and thoughtfulness. 

 

If you want to see more orchids like the ones above, click here, and you'll be transported to the garden where all these blooms were photographed.


Nature's Messenger of Love


give her your heart
express your sincere regard 
orchids speak of love

cattleya's thoughtful charm
will bring her to your arms
to reciprocate your love

send her purple orchids galore
this says her rare beauty you adore
that's how you captivate your love

shower her with orchids exotic
bewitch her with its delicate mystique
then you'll be worthy of her love

(For Thursday Poets Rally and Poetry Picnic)

sponge in the wonder
thank nature for she creates
orchids in the breeze

(For Haiku Heights and Haiku My Heart)

Linking to:

Share the Joy Thursday
Thursday Poets Rally (Week 55)
Poetry Picnic
Haiku Heights
Haiku My Heart
Weekend Flowers
Fertilizer Friday
Macro Friday
Macro Flowers Saturday
Today's Flowers
Macro Monday
Mosaic Monday

18 comments:

  1. All are true about orchid. Those orchids are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing the beauties and really nice poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love orchid corsages when I was in the dating and formal dance days. Sometimes I like growing the low-maintenance varieties, though I don't have any right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nature's message of love, how divine.

    love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous, ma'am.
    And absolutely nothing I can successfully make grow in this environment. *sigh* I'll feast on yours and enjoy.....they'll live forever this way. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so much beauty and the bearer of the vanilla bean!
    what's not to like?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosie, are these orchids from a garden show? I like only the brown Vanda, although it will not satisfy criteria for best form. I am not particularly interested with Dendrobium and Catleya except the Dendrobium with long horns with unusual colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've shown some truly lovely Orchids today. I adore the simple white but also love the more intricate and colourful ones as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Positively gorgeous photos. Orchids are such beautiful flowers and these photos make them more so.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos! Orchids are very hard to grow here and are diffcult to keep alive even as house plants.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful captures! My favourite is the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like the green one, especially...

    ReplyDelete
  12. very lovely serie of orchids! i love orchids :) thanks for sharing with weekend flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Luxury and virility are my favorites...did I mention that Mine are still alive??? I am so nervous of orchids!!!
    It does my heart good to tour around the gardens that are linked into my little party...I so wish every one of the people who share lived close enough that I could walk the gardens in person. Thank you so much for sharing with me this week...I hope you will again very soon!
    I am sharing this post on my Facebook page for Tootsie Time
    Hugs and smiles from Alberta Canada to you!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello,

    your nature shots are breath taking, appreciated your support to us.

    hope to see you back this week.
    smiles.

    Stay blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A real feast for the eyes for this orchid lover.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line!
It is always a pleasure to read your comments. I shall certainly try my best to jet over to your blog and catch up with you there.